Your Wedding Planned

Go to content

Civil Partnerships


The Civil Partnership Act 2004 finally came into force in December 2005, paving the way for thousands of same-sex couples to begin planning for, what is increasingly becoming known as a gay wedding.

A civil partnership can be formed in England and Wales at a register office or at any other approved venue, including hotels, stately homes and other places of interest.

To form a civil partnership you must first give notice of your intention to become civil partners. This means that you are legally required go to your nearest register office and inform them of your wish to register your civil partnership.

Your details are then made public by the registration authority for a period of fifteen days. Your notice is valid for 12 months from that date and you can arrange your ceremony or simply sign the registration schedule anytime during that year.

The civil partnership notice states the following details for each person:

Name and surname, date of birth, condition (marital or civil partnership status), occupation nationality and place of formation.

Home | Planning your wedding | Weddings | Our Services | Testimonials | Contact us | Site Map


Back to content | Back to main menu